Happy Witch Wednesday!
Today I want to talk about adventure.
When I first think adventure, like most people, I typically see someone climbing Mount Everest or discovering exotic locals in some far off place like Morocco.
But, I was recently reminded that adventure does not come only in large scale scenarios.
It can be found close to or right near home. And you certainly don't only have to go only far off to experience Magic, Adventure, Inspiration & Freedom.
So because I didn't have some crazy ass overseas adventure on the horizon but was feeling some major wanderlust....
Like the cheesy Witch I am, I went to Salem, Massachusetts.
(Me at the witch trail memorial)
And I had a MAGICAL BLAST in the mere day and a half I was there. I live in NY so it was an approximate 4 hour travel time there.
Here's what made it Magical & how you can make your own adventures magical:
1. It wasn't planned too far in advance. We booked our hotel about 2 weeks beforehand the date we wanted to go. This didn't give us time to fret and plan too much. Or worse...back out. It was close enough that we had so much too look forward too so soon. And far enough away that we had time to prepare. This added to the "adventurous" vibe because it was kinda sorta like we were doing something last minute, but not quite.
2. We booked a really fucking awesome boutique hotel. It was historical, it was decorated with a mixture of Victorian meets Art Deco (Check out The Merchant Salem here). It was an orgasm for the eyeballs and the soul. We booked it for a weekday so the rates where cheaper and it was quieter. I could have easily booked a cheap Airbnb or regular hotel with all white everything for cheaper....but something about this place just spoke to me intuitively. I once stayed at a gorgeous decorated boutique hotel in Puerto Rico and it made a lasting impression on me. This place in Salem was so vibrant for me that those memories, the imagery and the inspiration will be fresh for a long time coming.
3. We had plans but were also open to the flow. We knew a few spots we wanted to shop, eat at and discover. But we really left room to just explore the beauty and the surroundings. I'd recommend making a list of everything you want to check out, do your research, book ahead if you have to, but also be open, keep your eyes open. I discovered one of the most AMAZING witchy boutiques I've ever stepped into, and it was not on my list.
4. Be in good company. Aka, don't go off and do this with people who annoy you. It'll only get worse on vaca!
5. If it feels really good to all of you, if you're all in the moment. Let it linger. One of my fondest memories from this trip will be when we had just arrived and sat down to get something to eat. In a little foodie restaurant meets bar meets music venue meets place full of adult board games. We had things to do but started to play Cards Against Humanity which left us in hysterics for far longer than we planned. But it was magic. And we knew it.
6. Go to at least one naturey place. Even if you're in a city, you can find someplace where you feel connected to Earth. For us that was the Cemeteries and Witch Memorials. And also the ferry rides, particularly the night time one with a gorgeous clear sky to see the stars and the moon bouncing off the black ocean.
7. Connect. I'm a very introverted person and I usually like to be left alone when shopping. Sometimes sales people can be pushy, so we really gravitated towards the energy where we knew we could browse in peace. And because of that space we were more apt to connect with others when the moment came. And it felt amazing to share joy with strangers, even in brief moments.
8. Adventure during an "off peak" time. We went right before the kids let out for school breaks and also right before it gets too stifling hot in the Tristate area. Best idea ever. There was just enough people around to keep in interesting, but not enough to make you want to rip your eyeballs out. And we could walk around comfortably. Do research into when an off peak time is for your destination.
9. Bring some crystals with you and bring some home with you.
Do I really need to explain?
10. Just do it.
I'm still on a high from it almost a week later and feel even more connected to my witchy self. Even better I saw that not everything has to be that complicated especially when you've got some good company. It made me realize that more adventure awaits and it can happen for us sooner rather than later, especially when we just LISTEN to our Intuition. My Intuition said yes, despite my egos fears, and I'm so GLAD that I headed the call without questioning.
And this is how you build trust with your Intuition. This is how your nourish and grow that essential spiritual muscle. That Intuitive connect is FREEDOM.
If you want to see more snaps of the adventure, go over to our Instagram @magicalsoulbitches. I'm still sharing all of my finds and my experiences. And I'll likely create my own mini-guide to Salem, documenting all of my fav. places and suggestions!!
Reminder before I go: $11 Personalized Full Moon in Sagittarius Astrology Readings are still available for purchase!! Sagittarius is all about freedom, adventure, philosophy and spirituality. So this reading is a perfect time to tap into where this energy is coming up for you right now and how best to utilize that unique energy.
As mostly feminine beings in this community, connecting with the Moon is gifting yourself and that deeper, subconscious, flowing side of you a major dose of radical self lovin'.
If you are ready for your Full Moon reading Click here to be taken to the Moon Page and Checkout <3
xoxo with Magic,
p.s all recordings are sent out before the Moon event, so once you purchase look out for your personalized reading in the few days leading up to the Moon!